WP-Associatizer is a WordPress plugin which rewrites Amazon urls contained in posts and comments and inserts an Amazon Associates Tracking ID. End result: you get a cut of the revenue generated from any purchase made by someone following that Amazon link.
And to make it easier to take advantage of that new revenue stream, you can also surround any term in your comment or post with triple square brackets
[[[Like so]]], and this plugin will automatically create an Amazon search link with an Amazon Associates Tracking ID Like so. You’ll get a cut of anything someone purchases from that search link.
You can get an Amazon Associates Tracking ID through Amazon’s Amazon Associate Affiliate Program.
This plugin understands and can insert an Amazon Associates Tracking ID into many different styles of product links from many different Amazon domains (
.fr). It understands old-style links, new style full links, two short-form links, and minimized links using the
It also understands and can insert an Amazon Associates Tracking ID into Amazon search links (links to a search result) and node links (links to a product category rather than a specific product).
Frequently Asked Questions
If a url already has an associate id, will this plugin change it?
Yes. This plugin will overwrite exisiting Amazon Associate Tracking IDs in links with the one you specify on the Options page.
What is this “Give Back” feature?
If checked, one percent (1%) of all urls this plugin rewrites will use our own Amazon Associate Tracking ID instead of the one you specify. This is an easy way for you to repay us a little for the work we’ve done developing this plugin for you.
“Give back” is entirely optional, so if you don’t want to participate simply clear the checkbox on the options page for this plugin in the admin site and 100% of all Amazon urls will use the Amazon Associate Tracking ID you specify.
- Move the
wp-associatizerdirectory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click the ‘Amazon Associate Reassociatizer’ item in the ‘Settings’ menu in the left column of the Admin.
- On the page that appears, enter your Amazon Associates Tracking ID and click ‘Update Settings’.
- Fix non-reaffiliating of Amazon links found after non-Amazon links under certain conditions
- Add automatic Amazon search links using square brackets
- Change settings menu title to be consistent
- Generate old-style /exec/ product urls so Amazon picks up the tracking id
- First public release
- Added admin panel
- Added “give back” feature
- Added support for Amazon search and node links
- Added unit tests.
- Internal release only
- Supported Amazon product links